Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Y-E-S-S-S-S-S-S!!!!

DUDE!! I passed the Praxis II 0511 on the first try!!! Y-E-S !!!! Omg, that was one of the scariest tests I've taken in a really long time! Nothing but the favor and grace of God... and Lord, I'm sooooo thankful!!!

I've heard horror stories about this test, and about the Praxis in general, of so many people having to take it multiple times in order to get a passing score... and I think that was part of what had me a little nervous about the test, too. I bought the Cliff Notes Praxis II Fundamental Subjects Content Knowledge Study Guide from Amazon.com for about $15, and read the book from cover to cover. I took all 8 of the practice tests they gave (2 for each subject), then examined the questions I got wrong to see which concepts I needed to brush up on...then took the tests again... and again... and, well, you get it.

I felt really prepared after having read the book, but when I sat down on test day to actually take the exam, the questions seemed completely different from what was in the book and on the practice tests... honestly, I prayed my way through that test, no joke. Now, I know the power of prayer. It works. It's real. God hears and He responds to the requests of his people. But I also feel like I have some responsibility in this, too. I felt like I had to make sure I did my part by studying and reading and practicing, preparing and going over stuff I don't like like fractions, proportions, etc, etc., etc... I so thank God for giving me the understanding of the things I studied, for helping me to remember names and dates and concepts and other things that I'd long since forgotten (I've been out of high school for a looooooooong time, lol). I ended up getting a 182 out of a possible 200... YES!!  God is so faithful. So very faithful!!!

I find out next Tuesday how I did on the Praxis II 0543 - the one especially geared to teaching Special Ed. I'll just keep myself busy working on the Independent Study Guide assignments and reading the (600 page plus) text, and Tuesday will be here before you know it.

What an amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment