Monday, August 15, 2011

Need a ... J-O-B...!

Time is just ticking away. School is getting close. Starts in less than two weeks, to be exact.

And I don't have a home yet.

We've been sending out cover letters and resumes, and interviewing since mid-June now. Most if not all of the Math, Science and Spanish cohorts have been hired and have homes to go to tomorrow (yes, TOMORROW) when Staff Development days for new teachers start. Yet, there are still about 20 EC cohorts that are still looking, still applying, still interviewing and still looking for homes to start our very first school year at... and it's getting close.

It was easy to say that things would work out quickly and well early on in the process, when we had weeks upon weeks to get interviews and find a school to work at. Now that we're down to less than two weeks, it's getting a little nerve-wracking. I sat up and counted all my apps the other day - over EIGHTY in total - and no offer yet. I'm getting a little concerned.

Perspective is a great thing, though. I walk by faith and this thing is a REAL test of faith right now... believing when everything you see says otherwise. I still count myself blessed, too, because there are so many in that 20-something group that haven't even gone on an interview yet, or at the very most have had one or two all summer, and then nothing. I've been on about 10 so far, maybe more, and have two more scheduled for next week. We're not 'placed' in positions with our program at all. We have to apply, interview and get the job all on our own. And it's a very real possibility for some that they may not get hired at all and may have to become permanent subs. Scary thought....

I'm walking into this interview tomorrow morning with full faith. My blessing is on the way. It's already done - I just wait for due time. Show yourself strong, Lord.

My faith is in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment