Friday, January 6, 2012

January’s here and already time is flying by. What’s really cool is that between teacher workdays, holidays and workshops off campus, I have a short workweek in some way, shape or form every week this month. How awesome is that?? An entire month of short workweeks…oh, yeah!!!

On another note, I got my teaching license today!! I’m a real live licensed teacher in the State of NC!! After all the craziness and intensity we went through during Summer Institute, and all the stress and feelings of being completely overwhelmed and underprepared during the first half of the school year, I’m so glad to have something concrete and reaffirming to show for it all.

Looking at this license puts into perspective all the incredibly hot days this summer that we sat through eternally loooooonnnngggg  sessions with our PT Advisors, driving all the way across town each day to do our student teaching then driving all the way back across to the other end of town to go to our PT [Practitioner Teacher] Sessions (TONS of gas were wasted in many a PT vehicle this summer), all those crazy work products we had to trudge through, all the think-pair-share’s and elbow partner activities and Do Nows and observations and PT evaluations, etc., etc. etc.  I finally have something tangible in my hands that says the State of NC recognizes me as a real teacher. Cool beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment