Friday, March 18, 2011

...And we have Lift off !!!

I’m so excited!!  I started reading the program’s guidebook for Summer Institute, and I’m learning so much already. Teaching for Student Achievement has so much great information in it, and the thing I love most is that it doesn’t just talk about what we’re supposed to be doing to become effective teachers, it also gives you the how to. Our cohort hasn’t gotten together officially as a team or anything yet, but I imagine that that should be coming real soon. We’re scheduled to begin Institute in mid to late June, so I’m trying to do all that I can to gear up and prepare. We won’t be making any money during that time, so I’m looking for a temporary job for now to earn some money and save up for those six weeks.  Now all I have to do is make sure I pass that dang PRAXIS II. I just took it a week or so ago, and read everything I could to help me prepare for it. I stayed up late nights for weeks studying and taking practice tests and making note cards to help me understand and remember facts and theories… man, I was seriously tired by the time that test date came. After that, I prayed and now I’m resting in my trust in God to get me through. I won’t know the results until the beginning of April, so in the meantime, I’m keeping myself busy looking for temporary work and reading up on my subject and state/district standards. Gotta do my due diligence!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment